What age do you deem appropriate to stop trick or treating?

just wondering

jtaylor87

Asked by jtaylor87 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 12, that's when I stopped
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• As long as they are respectful when they feel its time
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• 13-14 .. unless you are going and helping out with a younger sibling or cousin, etc.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Never. There is no age limit on fun! If you're 5 or 35 and show up at my door in costume, I will happily hand you treats... I love to see adults get in on the fun!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My daughter is 16 and still wants to go. Not necessarily to trick or treat, but more just to be with all her friends. Idk, I guess it's whatever you think.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 12:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I have no problem giving out candy as long as they are dressed up. I do like to see some thought go in to what they are wearing. I don't understand why some people think teens shouldn't be out trick or treating?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I;m with Sabrina, I don't care how old a trick or treater is, but I know that most people think that the appropriate stopping age is in the mid teens. My kiddos will be allowed to go as long as they want to, when it stops being fun for them they will stop.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• As long as you are in costume I don't care if you are 1 or 100 you are welcome at my house! I think it's sad for parents to make kids quit when they still want to go. My daughter has a friend whose mom wouldn't even let her dress up for the school carnival in 5th grade because she was 12 and too old. My kids are 15 and 11 and will be allowed to go as long as they want, but they are going to have fun, and are nice to other kids (a big pet peeve of mine is the big kids who aren't nice to the little kids).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I say about 16 as that was the last year I went.

Some people can get pretty creative........I had one guy, a father dressed as a Mummy.......gauze and everything! He looked awesome!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I don't think age matters as much as long as they're dressed up. We still trick or treated as teenagers, but we were in costume and we weren't obnoxious to people. Lots of older siblings take their younger siblings out too. It does seem like some kids start to loose interest between ages 12 and 15 though, or maybe they're more likely to go to Halloween parties or festivals around town instead.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010