McCain

After reading the posts here I feel like people don't really know much about McCain (ex. McCain is just like Bush). So, maybe we can help some people. What is one thing that you don't like about McCain? For those of you that do know McCain please help by responding to the responses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Can I suggest that we post data to support our reasons and not just bash the man?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/385531_health30.html

McCain is not invested in women's health issues.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Greater Access And Convenience: Families place a high value on quickly getting simple care. Government should promote greater access through walk-in clinics in retail outlets.
    (From his website as part of his health care "plan")http://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/JobsforAmerica/healthcare.htm

Thanks, but there are already enough snot nosed kids running around Wal-Mart.

MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• There are things I don't like about each candidate. In the case of McCain, I have concerns related to his anger management issues. His trigger finger temper has gotten him in hot water in the past. I'm not sure if he has resolved these issues. I'm also not sure this is a bad thing considering most politicians like to take the milk toast/passive approach as soon as they get into office.

On the other hand, there other things I like about McCain but since this question didn't ask about the positive, I won't go into that.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Sigh...yet another morning full of drama here on CafeMom.

You want to "help" people get to know McCain, so you ask for something negative rather than a positive. Gee, I wonder where this is going.

Instead I'd suggest people continue to rely on their own research and not the loaded questions they read about daily on CafeMom (and for the record, that includes things about both McCain and Obama.)

His website, www.johnmccain.com is a great place to start.
    For information from a non-partisan site, www.votesmart.org
    The League of Women Voters is an excellent site as well, www.lwv.org
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• To be perfectly honest, he is way more liberal on most issues than I like. But, as I have learned more about Mr. Obama, Mr. McCain has come to look pretty conservative. Mr. Bush is not an ultra conservative, and Mr. McCain is way to the left of Mr. Bush. I have never understood the attempt to try to link the two as being the same. I made my decision by looking at the totality of their positions and not on any single issue.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ooh ooh I have another one. Actually I could go on all day on the "Why I'm not voting for McCain". Just trying to keep it light though...because political talk is like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Fact check: McCain tax cuts give $200 billion to corporations, $4 billion to oil companies?
    The Verdict: True. Obama's statement accurately reflects two studies of McCain's tax proposals.

MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ditto what Anon 8:34 said.
    How about someone say something positive!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I want out of Iraq, I want the people to try their hand in handling their own situation. I think we need that money and our soldier back home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Do you really think that by pulling out of Iraq that other countries are just going to magically start handling their own situations? All that will do is leave us more open as a target. The last thing these third world countries need is for us to back down. If you think we will ever not be a part of this situation you are wrong. It involves us and if we back out it will come right back around. I'm so tired of people forgetting how important the security of this country is. Maybe we need another 9-11 to remind everyone what those boys are fighting for. I know everyone is tired of the war and it's efforts should be redirected. But pulling out is not the answer to me.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 3:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2008