my husband and i are seperated. We have two homes, he is living in one me the other. His girlfriend bought a new home. He has been taking the furniture from our home and putting into hers. Even our family halloween decorations! How can i stop this?

fnbchgirl

Asked by fnbchgirl at 12:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not sure that you can
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You will have to file for divorce, at which point there will basically be a "freeze" on your personal property until it is divided between the two of you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• just let him take it. You obviously had made an equal decision, his home and your home, so why can't he do with what he wants of the stuff thats in the home that he is living in.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Thats just mean.If i were you i would call the cops or lock him out. Good luck
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would go get the stuff I want to keep.

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Do you have the key for the house?... I will also get a lawyer, and start working on the divorce!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Call the local authorities (My dad had better luck with the sheriff's department than the police) and have them escort you to the other house to get your things. I say this, assuming you are part owner in the home he lives in? Since divorce is not filed (another assumption) you have access to the house any time you want, but it would be best to have an escort so that you have accredited witness to what you take from the home.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Contact a lawyer. If you still own the house you can go over there and take the things that are yours. Also take pictures of the belongings so a judge knows what was in the house. I would'nt to make an issue out of small things though, save it for the big problems that will be coming when you have to officially split the marital property.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Have you tried just talking to him about it. If you haven't divorced, maybe he is just being pushed by the other woman.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• File for divorce, if you haven't already. Depending on what state you are in as to what the laws are.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010