For those of you who think kids should stop trick or treating at a certain age....

what age would that be and why?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 12:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When they stop wearing a costume and come to my door with nothing more than a Pick N Save plastic bag.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• IDK...but I had a ton of teenage trick or treaters come to my house yesterday. I ended up running out of candy...I've never had so many kids before...I made 100 treat bags and ran out in the first hour and had to turn my light off. What made me really mad was that all the teenagers were quicker than the little ones so they ran from house to house and got all the candy before the little ones did. One group of teens in particular didn't even have costumes on. I was so mad! At least put a freakin costume on if you are going to hog all the treats.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• As long as you are in costume, I don't care what age you are. But I'm not too fond of the teens who don't dress up, they just beg for candy.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think that setting an age limit is sad. I used to work with mentally handicapped adults and they LOVED to go trick or treating. I used to set it up in advance with certain neighbors so that no one looked at us strangely.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think I stopped at about 16 or so.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• In illinois i heard that if you trick or treat past the age of 12 you can be fined $1000
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I have mixed feelings on the subject because of the different activities the kids can enjoy at different ages but the door to door should be left for the kids under 13yrs is my opinion. I guess it's up to the person at the door if they give out candy to a teen. I do love to dress up myself and used to go to the parties at one time. Lol
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 1:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was 10 or 11 the last time I enjoyed it. Was sick the year after and passed out candy then went the year after that but felt too old. I think my 10 yo is getting to that point.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 1:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• 405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010