Favorite Holiday Memory?

If you don't have a favorite, do you have one that's most memorable (for better or worse)?

My most memorable holiday memory occurred in the late 80s. My family and I were stationed on Germany and we flew to Ohio for the holidays. My sister and I were really young. Through the course of unfortunate events, my mom was squished between two [parked] cars. She was getting into the truck of one car and my aunt was turning on the car behind my mom. She has two sisters. Sister 1 leaves her manual transmission car in 1st gear; Sister 2 does not and wasn't aware that Sister 1 did this. Sister 2 turns on the car behind my mom and the car moves forward. Both bumpers hit both of her knees and the license plate caught her left knee.

It was intense.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• every xmas eve during my childhood my family went to my moms side for dinner. Nana went all out with an appetizer table and open bar for the adults. We'd have dinner, then sing xmas carols in the kitchen. We didnt know then of course, but someone would sneak out mid-song and ring a bell saying HOOO HOOO HOOOO! All the kids would run out and try to catch santa, but we'd always miss him. When we turned around, what we thought was just a blanket over furniture turned into presents for everyone! We'd open presents then have dessert and coffee. I really miss those days! As we got older, people moved or passed away and the crowd got smaller and smaller. Didnt stop us from that tradtion though! My mom recently mailed me that bell! That tradition and same bell goesback to her childhood :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think my favorite memories were the family parties we had with my mom's side of the family. We always got together every year and exchanged gifts and had finger foods. Now my mom lives 6 hours away and doesn't even speak to one of her sisters. We haven't done a big party in years and I miss them. Now I spend all of my holidays with my in laws and it sucks.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Holy crap that is a good memory? Oh I guess you said most memorable.
    I love the morning of Christmas I make a special breakfast and my kids (now young adults) sit around an chill out at home. I love that it is a nothing but family day.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010