Public Executions ~ What's your opinion?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ewwwwwwwwwww.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Not something I want to watch personally, but if that person murdered my loved one I might feel differently.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I have seen plenty of adults, children and babies die in my 30+ year ICU nursing career. I do not need to witness any more death, especially for entertainment purposes. Unless you were personally affected by the crime, WHY? Crass busy body mentality!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It's sick Voyeurism. Tat's what I think of it.
    CaledonianCutie

Answer by CaledonianCutie at 1:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Absolutely no reason for it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Barbaric!

Answer by older at 1:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would not want to see it . It was pretty macabre entertainment back in the day. Not sure how effective it was for deterring crime.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Some of the elders in my family argue that it was a very good deterrent for crime, my husband says they should bring it back. Personally I think they can keep it!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 2:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No thank you. That is one reason we don't repeat the Dark Ages.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The death penalty is not a deterrent either. It reminds me of "The Green Mile" when people actually sat and watched, an audience for the electric chair executions. They LOVED it...the were salivating over deaths,right in front of their eyes. It made me sick. I bet there are a few people still alive from those disgusting times. Ugh. EVen if a person is guilty of a horrible crime, wanting to watch their execution is just sick.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2010