Home made or store bought Halloween Costume?

maybe a combination or both?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 1:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• Well, we buy certain things like the make up, but it's mostly homemade for us. This year our daughter was a werewolf and we bought a wig for hubby to cut up and put the hair on her and the make up. I couldn't find fake fur, so we bought a teddy bear at a thrift store and "recycled" him. Hubby used toilet paper and liquid latex to build a ridged nose for her and the latex as glue for the hair. We used old clothes for the costume part and cut them up and added the fake fur to them.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• This is the first time I have made a costume.. And it did NOT turn out well! how hard is it to make a mummy costume you'd think?? well it was tough haha. It was saftey pinned and taped to my son, and still kept falling apart. My 4yr old Loved it though. I asked him if he wanted to wear last yrs costume that still fit, but he said no, that he loved his costume
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We always get store bought costumes.
    Mom2Girls83

Answer by Mom2Girls83 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Store bought 40 % off lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Most of it was homemade. The only part that wasn't was the wings. I finished the dress part at midnight last night.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 1:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Homemade is usually our preference. DD gets store bought because she always wants to be a particular princess or cartoon character, but next year she says she wants to be a cat and we will do a combo of homemade and store bought for that. She will have a black sweatsuit, I will sew on a tail, and we will buy her the headband with the cat ears and use black eyeliner to do the face. This year my boys had to dress as zombies for their haunted house, it was last minute yesterday I had to go get stuff for the costume. ALL I could find was the makeup and some zombie gloves, and when we were finished with them, they looked like awesome zombies!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I used to make them for my kids. Then at some point they had to make their own. Now my one daughter is a senior in H.S. the other two are in college. I miss the old days when I would make them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• combo
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010