How many of you have experienced being sick when you have babies?

I just wanted to ask this, because although my kids are older, I wasn't prepared to be sick when they were young.
Do you have someone who can help care for you and or your kids? Do you have the meds needed for yourself? Trust me when you AND your kids are sick running to Safeway at two am while your darn husband is at work is not an option.
Plan ahead. Make a cold/flu box and put it in the hall closet. Put tylenol (Adult and the child version you use), your cold med of choice (Adult and child version). Even if you don't ever use it buy childrens and adult Nyquil and put it in there. Trust me. I use homeopathy for the most part, but there are times where you will use it. Now, put that box up and forget about it until you need it.
I pulled my box out last week and it had so much in it. (I had put in secret surprises like ring pops for the kids to suck on...)
Anyway hope this helps someone. *cough*....

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• This has got to be the BEST advice a new mother could get. I too learned this lesson the hard way. It is so awful to be throwing up sick, caring for a baby, and having to drag yourself out to the store for medicines.

Making sure your medicine cabinet is stocked and you have "sick" foods on hand saves a lot of headaches. Making sure you have a healthy "get it yourself" snack drawer for older kids is great too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I do that too. I have each side of my kitchen cabinets stocked w/ cough and cold & allergy medicine as well as Tylenol and Motrin for all of us. I call it my at home first aid kit!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ya, I learned my lesson. I have no back up or help if I get sick so I learned (the hard way) to be prepared.
    My baby is 4 mo and I was sick the entire pregnancy, not just normal pregnancy stuff (which included intense nausea and admissions to the hospital to get rehydrated) I was always getting really sick. I got every thing that was going around including viral bronchitus so I made my kids alot of pb&j. It's nutricious he he. I also keep cut fruits and veggies in a drayer in the fridge so they can fend for themselves for snacks. I learned alot on how to make my kids more independant so it had its benifits.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2008