Do you think any differently of parents that party??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends. I recently cut the mother of one of my child's friends out of our lives because of her drug problem. She took a bunch of methadone, snorted a bunch of xanax, DROVE her 4 year old to my house, barged in without knocking and passed out on my couch for three hours, leaving her kid running wild around my house.

I have a HUGE problem with that.

However, parents that have a couple of drinks on a night out, or even a night in. Parents that smoke a little bit of pot don't bug me. There's partying...then there's being a jackass.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think it is great to enjoy life!

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Not at all. Of course, I am one of those parents that "party". LOL
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No just because you become a parent doesn't mean you have to hang up your dancing shoes and fun hat!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am on of "Those Parents" I think there is nothing wrong with going out with your friends and having fun. Usually we have family partiesd with other parents and their kids. For example: we hang a lot with the soccer families or the swim team families. We go out with the kids or without the kids.

I think as parents we are allowed to have lives just like our kids do. I remind my children all the time that I like to have fun with my friends, just like they do. And just because we get together does not mean we are always drinking.

I say have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Im one of those parents that ''party''....my DD is no worse for the wear because mommy goes out sometimes....she loves her sitter and they make a night out of it when im gone....and if DD is home and we have ppl over drinking and whatnot then its no big deal either....i have friends who bring their kids and we all drink and play games and the kids play and go to bed
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think they are enjoying themselves.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• only if thier partying effects them taking care of thier child.children. I cut loose sometimes but always make sure my son is safe and cared for before I have my fun.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, it just depends on the definition of "party" I like to go out w/my husband once a month, we might go to a bar and have some drinks or to a comedy club and have some drinks. I never drink too much b/c I know that I have to function with my kids the next day. But I think it is good to go out and have a great time. If all I did was "parent" all the time, I think I would forget who I was. I am a mother, but I am a person also, I need to have some fun sometimes. What's that saying "if mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy."
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• All depends on one's definition of party and how often it happens and whether it is in front of the kids and how old their kids are.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010