Am I the only one?

My son is 2 1/2 and daughter is 3mths, i thnk its pointless to buy them a halloween costume that theyre only guna wear one time-I dont take them out bc I think theyre too young, and they wouldnt be eating the candy.. besides its too cold here in michigan for little ones to be outside at 8pm. I wouldnt mind doing it when theyre older like 5+ yrs (am i the only one that thinks this way?)

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• That only goes to show you are a smart mom!

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm with you.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• When my kids were this age I would dress them up and we would visit the grandparents. We started trick or treating when my oldest was 2 1/2. We would only do a couple of house of friends. I would make the costumes, easy things that I did not have to buy a lot of stuff for.

I think you have to do what you think it best. have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Well I take my kids when they are babies but you wanna wait til they are 5ish thats up to you but you should know that a lot of cities all over the US are now fining and arresting kids 13 and up for trick or treating so they will only get to for 5 years and i know how you feel about the cold but they have indoor events at malls here so check your local area for the same :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• 405mom

• "They only get to for 5yrs"...im not bumming out about it. its not a big deal for me. I dont really care much for the holiday-like i said i thnk its pointless. besides, i dont want my kids seeing scary, frightening images that im introducing to them on purpose. hell, il buy them candy myself-sit here and eat it while watching halloween spongebob, wubbzy, or some show my kids like and are pleasnt to look at. lol
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i also took them just to a couple houses when they were that little, and dressed the baby to make grandparents happy. But i do think 3 and 4 years old is old enough and your oplder one will be wanting to go. just limit the candy since the beginning.
    keepswimming

Answer by keepswimming at 1:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• When they are too young to understand, it just seems a little silly.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We weren't planning on doing it either until about five or so, but my dad died last month and I've been a home body so I thought it would be a nice reason to get out. We don't care for the candy, and the costumes were on sale and slightly big so it can be reused. But its just for us all to get out take our minds off things for the night.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• To tell you the truth, my kids didn't start trick or treating until they started school. My choice and I don't think that I deprived them of anything!
    NevadaSky

Answer by NevadaSky at 2:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010