Why do so many people post anonymously on opinion questions?

I can see the point in posting anonymously if you are asking for health of sensitive parenting or relationship advice. But why do so if it is your political opinion? If I'm not willing to take credit for what I write...and the criticism that may come with it...I dont' post it.

profmom922

Asked by profmom922 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I never would post anonymously. I won't ask or answer a question in a way that would make me feel uncomfortable enough to take that route.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• b/c ppl can get pretty heated about there opinions I everyone has that right. Stop judging, some ppl dont have all the time in the world to block ppl they have peeved off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Wimps..............................................

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• It doesn't bother me when I see anons. Also a lot of questions or answers I see bad or heated ones and they still answer anon, just a personal choice I guess.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Or good
    Christinemg0813

• I think it is probably because of the vicious comments that are sometimes left in our chatter boxes when we have a differing opinion on controversial topics.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:31 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• The anon button doesn't bother me, I don't see the need to use it but can understand why someone else would. I've been called every name in the book on here, and eager to see what someone else can now come up with.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• In the past two months, I've gotten over 20 hate mail messages from women here who've called me names I would never even repeat simply because I'm a Republican and voting for McCain.

What I really love is when they send these horrible things, they block me from sending anything back, and then fill my chatterbox with inappropriate comments also.

I'm even answering this anon, because I'm tired of getting up in the morning and finding something new. Yes I know--they're just a person at the other end of the computer. But when you get up early in the morning to relax and have some personal time before your LO gets up, just to find something like in your inbox, it doesn't start the day out very well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• (Second)

This section is turning into another Cafe/Newcomers area. I enjoy reading some of the debates that get going; what I don't like seeing are attacks on religious beliefs, or mocking of candidate's names, or bashing of either candidate. Can't seem to get away from it around here.
    Anonymous

• I have seen people get pretty nasty and even resort to personal attacks on people who differ in opinion from them, perhaps some people don't want to deal with the backlash? I personally don't worry about it, my opinion is what it is and if people hate me for it then oh well, lol
    rissa_doll

Answer by rissa_doll at 8:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2008