If you have any pets how did you pick their names??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pets

• lol my cat is named Spaz too for the same reason she is soooo weird and spaztic lol.

My dog's name is Buddy, only because when I first got him he almost died on me and for a couple of weeks I didn't know if he would make it so my husband and I just kinda called him Buddy and it stuck. Though now that I know him I know we should have named him Punk. Because he acts like a little punk most of the time lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I let my kids and husband name them. Except for one of the baby guinea pigs I named Willie.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We just brainstorm names from everyone in the family until most of us like a name. sometimes it took a few days and a few tries but we usually got unique cool names. If the pet belonged to one kid in particular we let them pick.
    keepswimming

Answer by keepswimming at 1:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Well lets see.. I was pregnant with my second son (who I didn't know the sex of) and I was throwing names around I had a boy name picked out so I was trying to figure out a girl name. I was pissed that DH and I couldn't agree on a name so I just started throwing out names I wouldn't have called a child but wanted to see what kind of names got a reaction. One of the names was Lila. Hes like Uh no. And I said.. Fine but I'm getting a cat someday and I'm calling her Lila. A few months later our son was born and when we were ready for our cat we went to a cat adoption agency, and found her. She was just meowing like crazy, our oldest loved her instantly DH said this is our cat, and I said and she is Lila. lol Shes ten weeks older than my youngest son. No one really calls her Lila, we call her fats. But thats because shes a fatty lol.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• we like asian names. Our bunny is momigi and out gecko is miogi but then we have the fish............Oscar. From ghostbusters. DS was Obsessed!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Jessica, Chloe, and Steve. I don't exactly know, except we don't dig names like "Cookie" "Blackie" and "Spot." We like people names for them, lol.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think it just Popped in my head when i saw her!LOL! My baby's name is " Thumbelina"
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The shelter had been calling her Olivia - all of her medical records and everything were in that name. So I wanted to think of something that could go with Olivia but that we could call her as a nick name, especially since we have a toddler. My husband, wonderful guy he is (lol) said "what about Libby?" So we call her that most of the time. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It is either based on personality or appearance

Cali--calico cat
    Spaz--spastic personality ( form 12 am to 3 am every night)
    Coffee--her belly is the shade of my coffee with cream added to it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I look at how the act, like my dog star is really lovable and loves to be around everyone and if your not paying attention to her, she is doing something crazy to make you look :)
    Ashy09

Answer by Ashy09 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010