How long does colic last?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 2:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• We'll its been 24 years and my husband still has it....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It depends on the child but usually the first three months of their lives.........some even go as far as 6 months.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/how-long-does-colic-last/

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It usually peaks around 6 weeks, and lasts until about 3-4 mo. Most babies are over it by 5 or 6 mo. at the latest. If it's actually reflux (rather than colic symptoms with unknown causes), then it will probably improve by 5-6 months after the baby starts on solid foods, but some kids continue to have problems as they get older. My DS has a mild case of reflux--never medicated him, just gave him smaller quantities of food more often and tried to keep him upright after eating. He was much less fussy after 6 mo., but he still has some trouble even now. I could hear the acid coming up in his chest after he ate sometimes, so I imagine it feels a lot like heartburn does to an adult. :-( Those first months are pretty rough if they have colic or reflux, but it should get better within a few months. Hope you have someone to give you breaks and help you out. I'm thankful we lived near my mom to help us get through that time.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Depends on the child. What does your pediatrician say?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My daughter's colic started at four weeks, and ended at four months.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• usually 3-4 months is the norm... Hang in there. Both my boys were colic and it sooooo difficult. I thought I was losin my mind acouple of times. But time goes by so fast and you will be through it before you know it.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010