39 weeks today!!! 3cm dilated 75% effaced....

How soon do you think this baby will come??? She's my 2nd. I've been having crampy contractions on and off for the last few days....

JenLavazza

Asked by JenLavazza at 8:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be any time. I went from 3 to 9 cm in an hour.....but I was induced so that probably won't happen in your case. lol. Good luck and congrats!!!!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• any time now!! congrats
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• well i was dilated to 4cm and 80% effaced when i was only 30 weeks preggo. needles to say i had him when i was 37 weeks preggo. all women go through it diffrently- after my water broke i had him in 9 minutes.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ANY TIME NOW GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Anyone's guess really. Every woman is different. Your dilation can change from hour to hour when your not in real labor and throughout the coarse of your pregnancy, so until it's real labor, it's hard to say when it will happen. If this is baby # 2 you should be able to tell the difference between braxton hicks and real contractions, are they REAL???

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 10:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yeah, they're real contractions. I had alot last night, but they went away :( Darn it!
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 1:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I was 3cm for 2 weeks before my second baby was "evicted" once I was a few days after my due date. I had my water broken because I was dilated and engaged for a long time.....on the positive side, my labor was only 3 hours! Really it can be really soon or another week or 2! Best of luck, I hope its sooner rather than later!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• how can you tell how dilated you are?
    J/w?
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 6:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008