Do you limit how much candy your kids can eat on Halloween night?

And how do you regulate it?

MeggieSwan

Asked by MeggieSwan at 2:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes... we have them choose a couple pieces to eat.

A couple peices to keep... a small bowl full.

The rest gets put on the porch for the GREAT PUMPKIN.  The Great Pumkin comes at night takes the candy and leaves a small gift in its place.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My son is two and his Dad and I have decided he may have two pieces. We arte going to let him pick two and we will eat the rest after he goes to bed.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• They can eat whatever they want. I'm not worried about one day out of the year. After halloween I will let them choose a couple pieces a day, this doesn't last that long because I dip into their stash and we really don't get that much candy.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• They can eat as much as they want Halloween night then it gets put away or taken to work with daddy.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• they can eat many but then it is GOOD BRUSHING of the teeth...it's there candy's and halloween is only once a year...i want my kids to enjoy and have fun...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• my boys can have whatever they want. halloween only comes one night a year!
    SapphireRose85

Answer by SapphireRose85 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Of course, then we use the candy as bribes, rewards, and desserts until it is gone.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Considering their sensitivity to sugar in candy, probably just a few pieces.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My DS is only 2, so we are definitely going to regulate it. We'll probably let him try a couple pieces. We can eat some of the rest of his candy or DH can take it to work if there's a lot. I think we'll just do one street in our neighborhood this year, so he can get the experience without getting tons of candy. I'm not sure what we'll do when he's older, but I'm sure I'll let him have several pieces on Halloween night at least, even if I ration it out after the first day. It's all in fun, and hopefully he wouldn't eat like that all the time. When I was a kid, we ate a bunch of our candy on Halloween night, but then we put the rest in the freezer so it would last a while. I still like Reese's cups straight out of the freezer--they just get really cold, but they don't freeze all the way.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• yes they get few piece that night and pick 5 they want to eat as wanted next day rest is put away and shared here and there no way would I let them eat a pound of candy
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010