If you have bad kids....

Then it's your own fault because you either don't discipline them or you started trying to discipline them too late im tired of seeing how do I get my 4 year old to stop hitting me questions because you let your kids run over you and any adult they see.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with your statement about 90%. I think that most of the time, bad kids are due to poor parenting. The rest have some sort of mental condition that causes their behavior.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I agree most kids this is the case. I agree with Ceallaighs whole statement.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I agree with ceallaigh all the way.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• ok, this is just a drama post, and you know it!!! Ive disaplined both of my children since they have been old enough for disapline, some people just have difficult kids, or like my family, ODD runs in our family, makes it VERY difficult to deal with your child. Dont be so mean, wish we could vote down questions.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• the best thing to do is right when she hits you put her on time out for 4 mins away from anything stimulating. 4 mins because she is 4 years old, 1 min for each year up to 10 years because its not effective past 10 mins. then at the end make her tell you what she did and to say sorry and give her a hug
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think you are right and wrong. Kids are not robots. They are individuals with feelings and are not perfect all the time. Just as you have i'm sure made bad choices in your life here and there. However, I do think that in a lot of situations you are right. People are push overs and let there kids walk all over them. If they know they can they will and if they know they can't they wont
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Children are not bad; somethings they do bad things.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010