Do you get annoyed...

If someone's answer to a relationship question is for you to just pray about it? Ummm,maybe AFTER you talk it out with your SO,but that can't be the ONLY thing you do to approach the situation.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I have to admit. I read that answer and I immediately thought, "Are you kidding me?!?! marriage isn't a passive activity....it is something you have to be active in. It amazes me that people will just sit around and pray and wait for God to fix what is broken rather than taking an active role in fixing it themselves."
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• yes... I always figured God helped those who helped themselves. I DO believe in the power of prayer... but I think it is a horribly selfish thing to pray with out action.  To think that all you need to do is pray and not act... I find that insulting to God.  Praying while trying to help your self, or praying for divine inspiration/guidance whilestill moving forward, or praying for patients/perseverance/acceptance... those are all good.  But to simply pray with no action I find appalling.

Anonymous

• Nobody has told me that. It would annoy me though as it's sort of a non-answer.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• yeah really if theyre posting for advice on here, either they've already prayed about it, plan on it, or dont believe in prayer lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yea it's kinda............. I don't even want to say. But it's pointless
    SnowboardMama4

Answer by SnowboardMama4 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• pray about your situation than take action.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• After so many people post an answer and it's been repeated over and over, maybe they are just adding that in as an option to also try instead of typing the same stuff that has already been said.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think what a lot of people forget to add to their post is after you pray about your situation you should take the actions you feel in your heart and put them in motion. Sometimes the answer to the prayer and to the problem is that you do nothing at first or for awhile but in making the choice to do nothing, you are still acting. Hope that make sense.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 10:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• What is the question.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010