Placenta covering scar from previous c-section?

As far as I know, the placenta is covering the scar tissue from 2 previous c-sections. I want to know if a VBAC would be safer than another repeat c-section. The hospital I go to is very "c-section happy" we have one of the highest rates in the state. I doubt my doctor would be fully honest about whether he thought a VBAC would be safer because they don't allow them at my hospital. I had my first child naturally, 2nd was an emergency c-section because he was too big, 3rd was a repeat because VBACs aren't allowed (he was actually smaller than my 1st, so natural wouldn't have been a problem). If they were to induce me 2 weeks early (roughly) there should be no problem with the baby being too big and I know I'd be able to deliver naturally. Any suggestions Mama's? Anyone have this happen before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately you might have to have one of the old fashioned c-sections which would doom you to always deliver that way....
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• VBAC is just about always safer. But it really depends on what your medical history is as far as your past surgeries, and how you go about it this time.

Induction is a big no-no for VBACs; it greatly increases the risk of uterine rupture. I think it's still safer than a C-section, but you have to be very careful about how it's done and what meds are used. It's best to let it happen on its own.

Check out the VBAC moms group for info and resources.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2010