Possibly getting attacked after work?!

I have been threatened by someone that I haven't met. Someone we both know told her where I work & she has said that she is going to try to attack me when I get off. I do not want to hurt anyone, but I will if I feel threatened. I also pick my son up when I get off work so I'm concerned about that as well. I may ask a co-worker to escort me to my car just in case. But I don't want to get them involved or lose my job by fighting in the parking lot. The police can't help b/c nothing has happened yet. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Does your work have a security officer?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'd either have someone walk out with me or I would buy some pepper spray. Also if said person has threatened you then you can get a restraining order which means if they do it their ass can go to jail.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would inform the police that this is about to happen, and arm myself somehow in the mean time.

Answer by older at 3:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• why would someone you dont know threaten you?

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• First I would have pepper spray in my hand when I leave work. Second I would definitely have someone escort you to your car. I am sure if you tell a guy that you work with what is going on he would be more then happy to see you to your car safely. Good Luck!!
    Aandrews71

Answer by Aandrews71 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would see if you have a guy who is a friend that can meet up with you at your place of work also and maybe some girlfriends as well, the more attention you draw the less someone is going to be lame.. i also would keep your phone very hand for photos and possible car that maybe be there to take a photo of the license plate so you can get the law involved.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would have someone waiting outside of your work for you when you get off- I always have Pepper Spray in my hand or my Police Whistle when i'm walking to my car at night- You should carry some with you- i hope everything works out- Be Safe & Don't walk out Alone!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Have someone walk with you to your car and get a can of pepper spray.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 9:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010