PBS Kid's art show: Uncle Paddy??

I used to watch a kids art show on PBS, I think and my mom said it aired from about 1994-1997. There was this older man that would paint and draw and he would teach you how to paint and draw with him. I dont remember a lot of details that I can describe. I thought his name was Uncle/Grampa Paddy something-or-other......

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 2:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• Pappy Drewitt.   Found it!  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappyland

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 4:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Is that the guy with the huge afro and monotone voice? He painted such nice things & made it look so easy!
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• im not sure..... someone i asked a while ago asked if he had an afro, but i dont remember. i was only like 7 or 8
    CassCass

Comment by CassCass (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The artist  with all the hair passed away years ago. I don't remember his name, but I don't think he was called "Uncle," or " Grampa." I'm going to try to look it up.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 3:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i keep thinking 'paddy's world' but i have tried looking that up but i cant find anything on it. i am like 90% sure that his name was paddy....
    CassCass

Comment by CassCass (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The guy with the hair was Bob Ross. His show was The Joy Of Painting.  I'm not having any luck. Could the one you're looking for, have been from your local PBS station?

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 4:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• yes! i was talking to my sister tonight and i all of the sudden remembered! thank you so much for looking into it for me! it brought back a lotttt of memories :)
    CassCass

Comment by CassCass (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2010