What do you think of this move by Obama?!

Way to keep things classy, Mr. President! LOL

"Preparing the food for the $7,500-a-seat fundraiser are the chef/owners of the iconic Providence restaurant Al Forno, George Germon and Johanne Killeen. They were to be out of town on Monday, but when Chace called them two weeks ago, they changed their plans to serve the president."

"The president spoke for about 20 minutes, then left before the dinner of locally grown foods by celebrated Rhode Island chefs — including lobster risotto — that Mrs. Chace had planned."

"Mr. Obama concluded his remarks at about 7:30, saying he couldn’t stay for dinner."

“I’ve got to go home to tuck in the girls and walk the dog and scoop the poop,” he said."

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/10/obama-speaks-at-chace-house-sk.html

OUCH!! LOL

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 3:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no way I am believing he scoops poop. Michelle has way to many servants and there is probably a czar for that.

You don't leave a $7500 a plate DINNER without eating. PERIOD. As much as I would like to, I am not able to tuck my kids in every night...sometimes my dh and I do go out for something!

Money cannot buy class and it cannot be learned, people are born with it. Class is seen among ALL the different income levels of people. Obama wasn't born with a drop of it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Oh, my. That is something to get your panties in a wad over.

I noticed that you didn't highlight the part where he said he had to go home to tuck in his girls.  You would vilify the man over anything.  If he'd stayed to eat dinner and it leaked that he had promised his girls that he'd be home to tuck them in, you'd be all over him for that, too.

It's pretty transparent that in your eyes, there is nothing he can do that would be right.  He's just the wrong party for you, and you'd find fault with which leg he chose first to put on his pants.  It's hard to take any of these posts seriously.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I told you they had a czar for that!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm not normally an Obama basher, I don't support the guy but I don't go around trashing... but this seems a little sloppy on his part. Just my opinion (and I would be saying that about any president, and if others have, than they too pulled a sloppy one)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Wow, I feel bad for them. They changed their plans to make him supper? I would be livid.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Did he know they were going to serve dinner for him ahead of time? As a big person on family...I think his reasons are good for leaving.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It was a 7500 per plate fundraiser. My guess is any business owners would change plans to oversee that particular catering event. While I am sure they were disappointed he didn't stay to eat, that is quite often the way things go at fundraisers. During campaign season politicians often can go to 2 or 3 of these events per night. My understanding is that to actually eat with the president the fundraisers charge much more than that. I can't believe that people try to make this a negative about Obama. That is the nature of the beast.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• This is dinner.....I know my family means more to me than DINNER!!!!
    deejee

Answer by deejee at 6:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Nope, not crass. It was a fund raiser dinner---not a dinner in his honor---and he went home to spend time with his daughters. He is a good man,a family man and a good Dad.
    He really gets the hits from you people......THAT is crass.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It doesn't suprise me. I try to keep off the political arena on here....but he is what he is. And at the same time, with local elections just around the corner here this week, I will continue to hold my opinion that none of them are what they seem (just like anyone else out there LOL)
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010