Have you ever??

Had maggots in your house?? I haven't just wondering, because my friend has them in hers right now and can't seem to get rid of them. They are in her carpet in her living room, and so in her behalf I am asking. If so, how did you get rid of them??

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 3:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Health

• ewwwww! no never in the house but in our outside garbage can, many times. I guess what she can do is really clean. vacuum and sweep, wipe down the counters, empty the trash can and clean it well....just in case any crumbs or stains are attracting them. Make sure the windows and doors arent cracked open....I know maggots can die from bleach. are they all in a certain spot? like if she spilled something sticky in one certain area?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would worry that there was some sort of a dead animal in the floor or something. I think maggots have to have something to live off of.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• She needs to tear that carpeting out ASAP and have them floors scrubbed down big time. That's gross! Your poor friend!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• She probably has a bigger problem than maggots.  Maggots are baby flies and flies only lay their eggs on dead meat so she may have a dead animal somewhere, like maybe a mouse in the wall or under the floor.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Maggot must have a food source....find out what is dead...they will go away..eeeeewwwww
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010