miscarriage- I could have died.....anyone else? adult content

So, I found out that I lost my baby almost 3 weeks ago. I was 9 weeks along when discovered, but approx 7 weeks at demise. The dr. decided to wait to see if I would pass on my own and said about 90% of women are able to pass on their own. Tuesday I started bleeding and cramping, not big deal, not more than a normal period for me. Friday though, I passed something that was about the size of my palm and then the flood gates opened. I started pouring out blood. They said to go to the hospital if I soaked more than 3 pads in an hour. I was soaking more than 6 in probably 10 minutes. On the way to the hospital, I passed out and vommited all over myself in the car. I woke up as we pulled up to the hospital. They came and got me in a wheelchair and I passed out again at check in. The wheeled me straight back and BP was 83/37! They got me on fluids, which helped a lot, but after 6 hours, they had to do an emergency D&C. (cont.)

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 3:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh my gosh this is terrible, I am so sorry you had to go through this- this sounds awful. I have never heard of anything like this happening before
    saracopeland101

Answer by saracopeland101 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Same thing happened to me about 14 yrs ago. So sorry for you and your loss. The pain will lessen in time honey.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 3:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. All my prayers r with u,
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Sorry, my computer died as I was trying to type the rest. Luckily, after the D&C, I was able to go home and I have little to no bleeding since then. Hardly any cramping or pain. I'm in fear, every time I go to the bathroom, that I'm going to be bleeding again. I think I'm just so scared, but I need to know if anyone else has experience this. I need to know that I'm not the only one who had to suffer so badly, even after the loss of the baby.
    CJM_SHM

Comment by CJM_SHM (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I had my BP drop to 50/23 after giving birth to my daughter. The problem was the lower half of my uterus failed to contract down like it was supposed to do. This is a good thing to remember for next time. My next pregnancy following my daughter ended in miscarriage at ten weeks. Because of the bleeding I had a D&C done immediately. So yeah I'm glad you are ok. Sorry for your loss and I'm always around if you need to chat.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm so sorry, I had a miscarrige not to long ago so I feel your pain. Glad you are ok though and I understand about being scared, that will go away with time as you heal.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I went through something very similar. I was about 24 weeks along but the baby and stopped growing around 15. I had decided to try to miscarry on my own and try to go through everything naturally. I did go into labor and was in labor on and off for a week. I really wanted to avoid a D&C and some point I went to go from the bedroom to the bathroom and just burst opened it would seem. I didn't have family even in the state or family and my husband was at work where I could not get a hold of him. He found me in the hallway and got me to the hospital as soon as possible. I had to have a D&C despite me trying to avoid it. If I ever have a miscarriage again I will opt for the D&C right off rather than being miserable for a week and taking a chance with my life. It just seemed to make sense and the doctor had no reservations in sending me home. It took me a year and a half to even think about getting pregnant again.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010