What are some good food to have at a baby shower?

my baby shower is in January and i do not have any idea on what food i should have any ideas?

Stl_mom_314

Asked by Stl_mom_314 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• At mine rather than a cake, my mom and I did this. We made cupcakes to look like rattles. You can buy sticks, like lollypop sticks at the store. Stick them in the side of the cupcakes. Also tied ribbon on the sticks. Cute as can be.
    I had chicken salad sandwhiches. Canned chicken, celery, some with and some without a little white onions, craisins, chopped pecans, and just enough mayo to hold the mix together. Served them on croissants.
    I had lot of other stuff, but those were my favorite things.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Try to keep it simple. Chicken salad sandwiches, veggie tray, fruit tray, chips, dips, a few different things to drink and maybe a dessert.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 4:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Personally I like finger foods/appetizers for those kind of events. For one they're a breeze to put together and another clean up is usually a lot easier. How about stuff like mini sandwiches, fruit kabobs with a chocolate fountain, meat/cheese tray, veggie tray with dip, crackers and some sort of dip (taco, crab, etc), fondue (cheese or chocolate if you don't like the fountain idea), fresh mozzarella slices with a slice of tomato and basil on top drizzled in olive oil, cupcakes, you could do a smoothie bar and have a bunch of fruit and yogurt and ice and let people make their own smoothie combinations, pretzels dipped in milk chocolate and drizzled in white or dark chocolate, chocolate covered strawberries. Just a few idea's =) (Can you tell I'm on a chocolate kick today hahah)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010