Tips for air drying in cold weather

My dryer is dead and there is no hope for a new one for a few months...since I am air-drying/line drying any tips on how to make sure they actually dry? I've found that left over night they slightly frost and so are not dry until noon. I've put towels out at 7am and they are still damp at 6pm (sunny day- no rain, low 60s). I have a small laundry room- enough to hang 1/2 a small load and even in there it takes all day. Ideas, hints?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 4:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Tyr getting inside clothes racks they are wooden and you can put them anywhere in the house I put ours in the bathroom. I think you maybe leaving them on the line too long try getting them off earlier.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I do not know where you live, but in upstate New York there is nothing better than air dried laundry in the winter. Sheets that have frozen are especially fresh smelling.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• When I have hung out the laundry in the morning, by mid-afternoon it is dry. If you are waiting until it gets humid in late afternoon, it may be too long. Or also, cold laundry feels damp, yours may be dry. Try bringing it in sooner and then hang it in your basement to make sure it is dry. At least if will have a head start rather than just drying it in the basement. My mother dries hers in the basement- she has a furnace down there that helps dry.

Answer by Bmat at 4:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My parent live in dank, foggy Central CA and line dry in the garage at times, during the cold winter months. They also line dry in their home in Lake Tahoe during the winter as well. Although they have dryers in both homes, they NEVER use them!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010