What was the best compliment you ever got from somebody other than your partner/ family/ friends?

A guy once cycled by in the high street once. Short eye contact and he turned around and ask if I would mind taking on flowers from him. I just reminded him of a dutch actress from the 70's (I've never heard of) he liked very much. I didn't mind. And he handed me this BIG BUNCH of pink and white irises he had tied to his luggage carier! They were so pretty. Thank you.
Never saw him again.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a nursing student, and I had a patient tell me the other day that I was going to be a wonderful nurse because I had an excellent bedside manner. The patient then proceded to tell my instructor that I was great and to give me good grades for the day. Aww, I'm blushing!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Sorry....forgot you said other than family.............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• That I'm an amazing mother! I can honestly hear that all day long. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The best compliment I have ever gotten from a stranger is that I must be doing a great job raising my kids because they are so polite and well-mannered (yeah, in public or at other people's houses LOL!)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• When I was an insecure new mom having no family support for breastfeeding my Dad, who was not one for really talking to me, told me I was taking good care of my 4 week old son. I will never forget it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Total strangers often tell me I do not look my age, and at 61, this is quite the compliment........

Answer by older at 4:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The single dad of one of my girl scouts told hubby last night that his daughter looks at me like a mom and said I did an awesome job with the girls. I was so touched.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• shhh... dont tell anyone but i think your adorable. it was a text message i got.. its always been my favorite.... it was just tooo cute.
    way before i was married though
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was in Tim Horton's last week with my dd who is almost 18.   When she called me mom, the woman behind the counter said I didn't look old enough to be her mom.  I was 29 when she was born lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Some dude from off my street a while ago told I looked sexy hot.It was ammusing,but I was totally embrassed because my fiancee wass standing right there!
    My_Darling_Luna

Answer by My_Darling_Luna at 7:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010