shorts,jackets

when do you know if your kids should wear a long sleeve shirt,jacket or shorts or even a coat? Do you base it on the temp in the morning before school or if you think its cold or cool?Or do you go by a certain degrees?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• well we live in so. cal. by the beach so it can be very chilly in the morn and HOT during the day. so I have them wear it if they are cold and then toss it into the back pack. If they complain about it I let them be cold....they will think twice next time.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I check the weather report every morning before I dress them. We live in soCal and right now it's freezing in the a.m. but can get up in the 70's mid day. That way I know to send them with a jacket that they can remove.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If its cool in the morning I put a jacket on my kids, but I listen to what the weather is suppose to be later in the day and thats how I dress them.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'd base it completely on the weather forecast. You want to dress for the coldest temps. You can always layer and remove clothing when it gets warmer.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I base it on the high for the day.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I go by how cold it is outside. It's been really chilly in the mornings here, but warm in the afternoon. I've been sending him in mostly pants, long sleeve shirts and hoodies. That way he can take the hoodie off when it gets warmer.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Go by weather.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010