flu shot

Do you get your child/children the flu shot? I have a 6 and 7 year old and i am debating on rather or not i should get it last year i did get the h1n1 nasal injection for them but i never get the flu shot for them,my doctor said i need to and if i do when should i do it by?Thnks.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We never get the flu shot. My kids have not gotten the flu of any kind and we avoid unnecessary medications.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I don't have them get them anymore. The two years we did. They were more sick then when we don't get them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• yes my kids have gotten a flu shot every year. They have never had a reaction to it. They had the mist in the nose for the first time this year. I will just do the shot next year. lol. I t was just as 'awful' and my son complained that it smelled bad ALL day. I personally would rather they have the shot and not have as high of a risk of getting the flu. I know it isn't 100% but IMO every little bit helps. the flu has so many possible complications I would rather attempt to avoid.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No one in my house has ever had any sort of flu shot or nasal spray
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My kids don't get it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We don't do flu shots. I trust our immune systems and don't ned anything artificial to "help"
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No flu shots for us.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My daughter already had hers but they do the nasal thing too. But this year it seemed to make her sick. She just didn't feel super good for almost two weeks this time around.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We don't get them in this house either. My daughter had the 1st round of the H1N1 when it first came out (they gave them two doses at the time) and she got SO sick....so I never took my son and I didn't make her get the follow up shot. Personally, for me, I'm sicker when I get them than when I don't....so, my kids are taking after me in that sense.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My daughter has asthma, so anything she gets can turn into something much worse, so as a precaution I get her the flu shot. And since we are there my son gets it to. I already have mine. I just think any little bit helps, I don't have time to be sick, so if I can try anything to prevent it I will.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010