visitation with a 3 1/2 month old

My ex might be finally seeing our son, but I'm not sure how to handle it. I live with my bf and I'm uncomfortable having my ex come to his house, but he lives an hour away and I don't want to go there. We talked about meeting in the middle, but where would be a good place to do this? And what could I do to make it less awkward? There's a lot of tension because he's not paying child support and other issues, but he has a right to see the baby (as much as I don't want to deal with him).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pick someplace in the middle - a Mcdonalds, a park, a mall - a friends house - anywhere.
    Since the child is so young it is not like they are going to play together. So they visits probably won't last long. As far as it being less awkward - don't talk about child support or anything that might cause an argument (save those topics for phone calls) just talk about the baby - what he can do, what his doctor says about him, etc... You may also want to teach dad about changing diapers - how to feed (if he already doesn't know how).
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 9:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• the two times my stbx has wanted to see my son...we met at a starbucks. My son was older then your child is but I would think it would still work...some where public...that your comfortable being. The the previous person said...the baby can't really play yet..so its not like you need to go to a park or anything..
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• why are you already living with another man and you just had a baby? how long have you even known this new bf?
    Anonymous