I was looking at a mag about thanksgiving..

How is it possible to put fancy table decorations? I have so much food on my table it would be impossible. Do you decorate your table?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• We do the same as SweetLuci.

This leaves room on the table for a couple of bottles of wine (sparkling apple juice on the kids' table), a few votive candles (not on the kids' table), and a few ceramic ramekins filled with seasonal foliage stuffed into floral foam. It only takes a few minutes to prepare from things in my yard, and always looks so pretty. I also put some of the same decorations on the mantel and coffee table.

I just LOVE autumn.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• At Thanksgiving the table is set with pretty decorations from the time we arrive at the house until the food is served, which is a couple of hours. We have the cocktails and appetizers sitting in the great room. So we are looking at it for a while before we actually sit down.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• For thanksgiving we have a buffet set up on the counters in the kitchen and then the table is decorated.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I love seeing the fancy decorated tables, but it would so seriously be wasted on my family. ::sigh:: They want to eat and take a nap.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I set up all the food on the kitchen counters, everyone fills their plate buffet-style, then go sit at the table. That ways everything looks so pretty, and also if someone is ready for a second helping, they just get up and go get it rather that interrupting conversation and people eating by please pass the potatoes, etc. It just works out better for us that way. Makes serving and cleanup easier, too, because all the food is on the counters and doesn't have to be carting in, and then out. Also keeps the tablecloth much cleaner. And once the plates are removed (each person does his own) the table looks nice again, not like a cyclone hit it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I get out my good stuff and candles are a must.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2010