I want to help out a family in need...

I know a family that is on a very small budget, dad is on disability and and supports two kids. Mom is out of the picture. The kids are awesome kids and I would like to do something nice for their family as a surprise for the holidays. Any suggestions?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 5:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• Invite them for Thanksgiving.
    Give them a gift certificate to a grocery store or Walmart so they can shop for their own needs.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If it was my family. I would LOVE for someone to help me get some nice things for my kids for Christmas. Drop them on the door step and say 'From Santa'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You can cook or have take out food deliver to them for the holidays and make sure everyone has a gift to open come Christmas day.

Answer by older at 5:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• a gift card for a grocery store visit, make some freezer meals, definitely invite them over for the holidays. Buy some gifts for the kids from Santa, something for dad too if you can manage it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Our church does "Dove boxes". Fill a box with food staples to make a festive dinner, attach a gift card to a grocery store to get the fresh stuff, add recipes if you think they need that, add candy and home made goodies and try to get at least one nice present for each of the kids, maybe some popcorn, DVD and a board game for family night.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You could wrap a few gifts for each kid, something for the day, put everything a big box, wrap that, and put in a gift card to a grocery store in a card. That way they have a giant box at their door, and they will all open it to find more things to open!
    If the kids are still at the age to be believing in santa, you could give the dad a gift card to a toy store so he can get what they want for them, and maybe a gict card to the grocery store for some food.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• 405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Donate some clothes & food.Send them a nice loving card to let them know you care.That's what I do.
    My_Darling_Luna

Answer by My_Darling_Luna at 6:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010