after delivery question.

Is it really risky to take a bath days after having baby? Before i left hospital it was something mentioned about not doing. My back is killing me and a hot bath sounds heavenly. But don't want to do anything I shouldn't.

joleigh81

Asked by joleigh81 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can risk getting an infection dont do it I did it with my first child and ended up with an infection which cause me to heal slower.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yes you can take baths after having a baby. I have taken stizs baths with both my girls. Recommend by my midwife and my Dr.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If its a just a lay back and relax no soap or anything in water is it still risky?
    joleigh81

Comment by joleigh81 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If the nurse or doctor recommends you not to do it follow their advice.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I dont know what they do now with sitz bath but when i had my baby they cave me this bowl like thing to put over my toilet and thats how I had my sitz bath it was just for my butt and vagania. Only thing I can tell you if you going to do it regardless of what people say make sure your tub is sterile
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• with something like this, I would follow your doctors orders, if you havent talked to them already call tomorrow am.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I bathed immediately after birth. I actually took herbal baths everyday for a week and they help heal you faster.

If you had a C-section, I dont think a bath is alright though.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I've had three kids and was run a bath right away- you need to clean that stuff up. Not doing so might actually cause infection. I'd take a bath if I were you, and seek alternative medica advice.
    CaledonianCutie

Answer by CaledonianCutie at 6:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yes, you can have a bath. I would avoid any harsh soaps. Stick with Nothing but plain water or Ivory Soap if you need to get clean. Just going in for a soak should be fine.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Maybe try a heating pad :) I wouldn't do what the Doctor told you not to do...
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2010