Have people got no respect?

As I came out of my local supermarket today I noticed about a dozen empty crisp packets just laying on the ground near the store cash-machine. Considering I bring my kids up to have respect for things including disposing of litter properly, I find it disgraceful that there are people around that cannot be bothered to walk a few extra steps to a litter bin. How many other people get annoyed by other peoples lack of respect?

Creating78

Asked by Creating78 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It bothers me as well.. People seem to be getting lazier and lazier these days..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I don't understand what their problem is. Also, I do not know what a crisp package is.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No time to stop and do the right thing...

Answer by older at 5:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• tootoobusy, a crisp packet is a potato chip bag in our lingo. : ) I agree, its a disgusting habit! People are lazy and respect nothing these days.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• What bothers me is when people leave raw meat in an isle totally apart from the meat dept. That is just really lazy! I usually take it up front and let the cashier deal with it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• sorry tootoobusy, I guess I should have taken into account that there are a lot of moms from US on here lol.
    Creating78

Comment by Creating78 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• With regards to not having the time (referring to comment made by older), it shouldnt be a case of trying to find time to respect the environment, it should be an automatic thing. There are plenty of litter bins dotted around, it shouldnt be too much trouble to just drop the litter into one as it is being passed.
    Creating78

Comment by Creating78 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I really don't get it. It's as if they can't think 30 seconds ahead to when they get near the next rubbish bin.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I agree! Something that really really makes me angry is when someone is driving down the road and just tosses their garbage out the window! You're in a car, for goodness sake, just hang onto your trash until you get to a gas station or home or wherever to put the trash in a bin. Is it really so hard?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2010