What are your thoughts on wanting a child with a partner that is divorced with 2 little boys?

Kimberly0930

Asked by Kimberly0930 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• More importantly what are his thoughts?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think that if you are 2 consenting adults that are not in any other relationship and you are committed to each other, why not?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If he is doing his part with his other two kids. Paying child support and in their life. And you can afford to have a child I say go ahead. but if he is a dead beat Dad. I would say no. Unless you do not mind being a single parent in the future

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am younger and want to have a child with him because he is an awesome dad to his little ones already. He is afraid that another child will take too much time away from his boys- I don't think it will. He has them about 60% of the time and they love me and think it will be a better experience than he thinks.
    Kimberly0930

Comment by Kimberly0930 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Give him time to come around to the idea. Nothing could be worse than him feeling pressured.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Give him time to get on board.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Thanks for the advice, I have always wanted a child and truly believe that I have found the perfect person to share this experience with. It is not often you find a guy who is wonderful in all aspects, relationship, father, partner. Hopefully he comes around and realizes that we can do this together!
    Kimberly0930

Comment by Kimberly0930 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If he isn't willing to pursue your desire to have a child, that will break your relationship.

You say you are young and want children. He has children and doesn't want anymore. There is no meeting in the middle on this one. You either have a baby or you don't.

You will have to decide if having no children with him can satisfy you and if it can't, you need to move on to be fair to you, him and his boys. If he isn't even willing to entertain the possibility (and watch to make sure that he isn't saying that he might, just to keep you around) then you should move on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Jademom07 is right. If he really does not want any more kids and you haven't even had any and want some. I think you need to move on and find someone who wants kids.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Well it depends on that guy. We really need more information here. Why did he get a divorce? Could he possibly repeat that with you? Why don't you want marriage first, then a baby second? Most of the time, dealing with kids and their mother (the ex) can be a BIG hassle. You have a lot to think about.

Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 8:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010