just had my mirena IUD removed... questions

i had my IUD taken out oct 14th... i started spotting last night (oct 16) after rougher than usual sex but havent had any blood since i woke up. was i spotting because i had rough sex for the first time since i had it removed? or would i have spotted anyway from removal itself? i know everyone asks this question but how long does it take to get pregnant? (i know everyone is different) i would like to hear other peoples stories on both ends of the spectrum. thanks a lot everyone! glad to be back on cafemom!
UPDATE** i spotted for a little over a week on and off but never heavy enough to use a tampon or even a pad. (light pink when i wiped) i think i may be ovulating now or i just did but im not sure if my spotting was from removal or how to even chart my cycle. Please help!

mommy2treyson

Asked by mommy2treyson at 6:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I spotted after removal also. Actually I spot all the time after sex now. It takes a long, long time for your cycle to get back to normal after Mirena is removed. I don't think I had any signs of ovulation for about 6 months after removal, and we didn't get pregnant until 9 months after I had that stupid thing removed.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It can take awhile to get back to a normal cycle after stopping any birth control.

As for charting your cycle, right now you can chart your BBT( basal body temp), cervical position and cervical mucous. A good reference for this is "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.

You can PM me if you want some additional information. I'd be glad to help.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I spotted after my removal as well, and that ended up being my LMP, because we conceived right away!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010