Breast pain before period?

I don't do caffeine, so why am I getting breast pain before my period these days? I really don't even eat that much chocolate. Any suggestions of what to do for the pain? Once I gave up caffeine that had stopped until this year.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 6:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Health

• Caffeine and breast pain??? Didn't know they had anything to do with each other. I thought breast tenderness/pain was a PMS symptom????

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• A doctor I had once told me to lay off the caffeine because they were hurting all the time. (I was a serious Pepsi fiend). It worked, The pain stopped but now, other than pms, I'm not sure what the culprit is
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It's typical to have breast pain before your period...regardless if you have caffeine in your diet. I'm not big on soft drinks or anything & I've always had breast pains before my cycle comes.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I have cysts in my breast that swell just before my period....you could try taking vitamin c, d, and e along with b complex to see if it helps...that's what I was told years ago by a breast specialist...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Oh yes, caffiene is bad and I love it...after I took my 4th son off the breast I went nuts with the coffee and I had pain in my breast and was told to stop the coffee because I have fybroids and caffiene will make them worse...Hormones can also make your breast very tender nd even swell before your period...Vitamin D and E can really make a difference with the fibroids...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010