Bleeding

I am about 11 weeks pregnant. So, my DH and I had sex this afternoon and afterwords I started cramping real bad. Well, like 4 hours later, I started bleeding. There are no big clumps, just bright red blood that keeps coming out like pee would come out. Being Sunday, I cannot call my doctor until tomorrow morning, but could this be a miscarriage? Has anyone else ever had anything happen like this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cramping is normal after sex. As for the blood, you say it's coming out like pee. Does that mean that you only notice it when you pee or that it is streaming?

If you only notice when you wipe and it's not streaming, it's related to sex. If it's more than an annoyance (think of discharge) then you need to call a doctor but be forewarned that unless you are 20 weeks they will not stop a miscarriage. BUT, I don't think that is what is happening.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Could be a lot of things. A separated placenta for example. If you are considered a high risk for miscarriage then yes it could be that as well. That is why my doctor told me no sex for the entire pregnancy. If sex can start labor in the later weeks then it can just as easily do it in the earlier weeks as well. Put yourself on bed rest and pelvic rest until you can get to the doctor. If you go to the ER they can at least run an ultrasound to check the baby and the placenta. good luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Oh yes call your OB. You do not have to wait until tomorrow. OB doctors are on call 24/7 in case their patients go into labor. You may get the call center, but someone from that office should return your call shortly.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010