Am I more likely to end up being a single parent?

Now that I am pregnant My boyfriend and I tend to argue alot more than we use to. I mean the arguments be over little things and we always make up but its a little scary thinking about the future because I don't want to end up being a single teen parent. Any advice??

1mommie19

Asked by 1mommie19 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are pregnant and you are a teen and you are unmarried. The chances are that you will end up being a single parent.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I hate to agree with PP but I do.

You are young and you both really have no idea what you are in for. He is probably defensive over being tied down and you are hormonal from the pregnancy.

I only hope that this was planned otherwise your chances are not real great.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Who doesn't argue?? There 's so many things to argue over. I was 19 when My DD was born. My DH was 21. We're still together.. We're Married and we did It! It wasn't easy. But working towards anything good isn't easy!! I wish you all the best. You can do it. You Can have a happy Family! Life is not easy or fair. But you can do anything that you work at! Best of Luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Even if it doesn't work out doesn't mean you'll be single I met wonderful guy when my son was5, now we have 3 and I m not asingle parent -it happens
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I got preg when I was 21. My SO was 27. We argued a lot & he ended up leaving me. He wasn't mentally prepared for what he needed to do. He never did do what he needed to do. I ended up leaving him after years of mental & emotional abuse. I felt as though we were teenagers. I am a single mom now & he is still causing me problems. I suggest going to counseling & if that doesn't work I would not hold breath on him changing. It's either shape up or ship out. Your baby and your well being is most important...not getting him to act right. You can't make him. That's going to be his choice. And if he doesn't choose to, your chances for a healthy relationship are going to be very bleak.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The odds are high that you will be a single parent. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I know this isn't the answer but............ if you do become a single parent, it doesn't have to be forever. On another note, Single parents raise children everyday. Good luck
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 8:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It doesn't sound too good to me, either. I wouldn't count on him.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 9:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i think you really have to think it all over again...life is tough now and you have to prioritize some things in your life esp your baby...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It s too late for MY advice.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010