Free Birth control?

Soon they will be starting to make decisions about what kind of care will be covered 100% by insurance companies and birth control will be a sticky issue. Should birth control pills be free? What about all other methods of birth control? Should they all be free?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YES< I seen kids 16 yr olds with multiply kids not all would use it but at least offer
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yes, I hope so.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Here in AL we have a Plan 1st program set up by Medicaid that offers free birth control (several different options you can choose from) and it also covers your yearly exam. It's for women 19-55. I think it's a fantastic program. I think there should be something set up for younger teens to have access to birth control. I mean, any teen can go buy condoms...but how many actually do? The one condom your 17 year old boyfriend has had in his wallet since the 8th grade that he got from his big brother isn't going to do much.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I kinda feel that if you can't afford your own birthcontrol, how on earth can you afford to have a baby should the birthcontrol fail....
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Isn't free (or very affordable) BC available from your health department? It is here. I think it should be like any other Rx drug as far as insurance goes, ours is covered but we have a co-pay (for Rx, I'm not on BC so I don't know about that).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No, birth control is not a right.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Its already available through the health department for free or a low price (they do it based off of income). You'd figure the gov't would push that, though, cause BC has to cost a LOT less than giving out money for all these kids in social programs... Not that I'm against the programs, it just seems like a smart thing to do, find a way to help cut down on the number of cases who need it by cutting down on the number of unwanted pregnancies in the first place.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• IMO, birth control is a necessity.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No. Birth is easily controlled by keeping your pants on.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Birth control is not a right, and birth is easily controlled by keeping your pants on?

Maybe instead of offering free birth control, which could help prevent a great number of unwanted pregnancies, they should just offer some really good advice like that. It seemed to have worked well for Palin's kid, as well as so many others. . .

We could start a new and effective campaign á la Nancy Reagan--"Just Abstain from Pre-marital Sex".  Catchy, isn't it?  I mean, just look at how successful "Just Say 'No' to Drugs" was in this nation!  We certainly are ones for self-control, aren't we?  No issues with drugs, over-eating, addictions. . . "Just Abstain" should do the trick! 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010