Occupation

What do you do for a living? Did you graduate from college? Do you enjoy what you do?

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) as well as a Certified Lactation Consultant (CLC). I originally wanted to be a Veterinarian and received my BAS in Microbiology from ODU as well as attended 2 semesters at Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech. After realizing I wasn't cut out to be a vet, I attended Gayland School of Nursing in Louisville, Ky. I LOVE my job. I work as a private nurse for Medicaid as well as volunteer for WIC as a lactation consultant.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 8:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• SAHM for the last 4 years. I was in retail/customer service before that. No didn't go to college.I love being a SAHM!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 8:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• RN in a daycare/PreK, I've been there for 12 years and I LOVE IT. I'm learning stuff all the time and the kids are just amazing. ;)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am a SAHM for know. I have a degree in Medical Transcription. But by the time I will get to use it. It will be all taken over by computers.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am an RN and hate it!! I followed in my mother's footsteps because I wanted to help people and make a difference in the lives of people I came in contact with; but nursing has changed so drastically since then, and now RNs are pulled so far away from the patients and so deeply drowning in paperwork, that all the years of studying means nothing in terms of helping anyone...LPNs have it much better...even though they may not make as much, they actually get to work with people...whereas RNs spend all their time supervising...I am going back to become a Nurse Practitioner and get in touch with the people again...
    STEVESBELLA4EVR

Answer by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 8:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• STEVESBELLA4EVR I couldn't agree with you more. I have it when people "look down on me" because I'm not an RN but I am so glad I haven't lost that connection with the patients. I'm so sorry that you hate your job :( But no one says you can't work as an LPN even though you are higher qualified.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 8:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm a nurse....for the RN that hates it, you don't have to go back to school---just get a position as a floor nurse or a clinic nurse, or work the nursing home, or home health. It will put you back in contact with the patient. I love it.
    Crunchy--you can't work as an LPN unless you have a license as an LPN...even though your qualifications are higher, you cannot accept a position without the proper license. I have friends who have both LPN and RN licensure for this reason (in case they can't find a job as an RN, they can use their LPN license.)

I'm also a miche bag rep and a guy and eva jewelry advisor...it provides an outlet for the "salesperson" in me. I love business and business managment.....but I love nursing as well...but I may retire from it when my private duty case no longer needs me.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I sell on eBay for spending money. I manage our Carpet Cleaning business that we started 2 years ago from home as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am a Rep with Juice Plus. I absolutly love what I do.
    I did graduate from college and worked for a school district for years. I enjoy working for myself. Now it's my life, my time, my way!
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010