does anyone put up their christmas tree before Thanksgiving?

when do you put it up? do you do it at the same time every year?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• Last year we put it up a week before Thanksgiving. I will not be doing that again this year, no way. I was sick of looking at the tree by the time Christmas rolled around, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We get a real tree. We put it up around 2 weeks before christmas. Sometimes I decorate the house right after thanksgiving. Stockings and all.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I usually start decorating when Advent begins....but the tree never goes up until after Thanksgiving...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We get a real tree sometime in December. Last year we put in up in the beginning of the month and it died before Christmas day.
    My son and I were just taking a walk around our neighborhood and one house had a Santa head on the front door and another house actually had their tree up in the front room. I could see it through the screen door. Too early for me!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• we get a live tree too, so about a week or so before Christmas and then it stays up till New Years day. I get really nervous turning on the tree lights when the tree is super dryed out....
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We too get a real tree, and it doesn't go up any sooner than 2 weeks before Christmas. Don't want it drying out!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• IF I am not doing Thanksgiving Dinner, my trees go up within the 3rd week of Nov. or so...
    IF I am doing Thanksgiving Dinner, then they go up the day after TG... I put up several trees (fake, bc of allergies)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Thanksgiving here is in Oct, so no - no tree before Thanksgiving. Ours usually goes up in the first couple weeks of Dec.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I do, we have an artificial one that we use. I love decorating for Christmas. It will be up in 2wks if not sooner
    Mommyx2BG

Answer by Mommyx2BG at 12:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i will start putting up some not to entierly christmasy decorations, prob in the next few days, but the tree goes up right after TG, fake of course, we have pets that like to pee.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010