EPT Test....

My hubby and I are TTC. So the 3rd of next month will be 2 months since I've had my monthly cycle. There are some things that affect me that make me think we are expecting. So to make a long story short, I took an EPT test this morning. The test showed a dark positive, needless to say i am so freaking excited. So I take my daughter to school, and come back to look to make sure its a positive.. and the there is a plus sign but the vertical line is now just a penstripe.. I'm confused as to if its a positive or a false positive.

Now im kinda bummed out... can you ladies help me figure out if its a TRUE positive or should we just keep trying

s.ayala

Asked by s.ayala at 9:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• A lot of times the line that reads the HCG fades. That is why you have to read the results when the box says to. (usually 3 min after you take it) Take another one:) Congrats, sounds like you are!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Take another either later on tonight or tomorrow morning when you won't have to rush your daughter to school. I usually get the tests that say "Results in 3 minutes" and then the instructions say not to read the results after an hour. This is because as the urine dries up, the hormones aren't as detectable. I'm going to say congrats! But I think you should take another for your own piece of mind ; ) Have a happy pregnancy!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• YOU CAN NEVER GET A FALSE POSITIVE. YOU CAN HOWEVER GET A FALSE NEGATIVE AND AFTER A WHILE THOSE LINES WILL FADE. THAT'S WHY IT TELLS YOU TO CHECK IT SO MANY MINUTES AFTERWARD.
    mhoelzer2988

Answer by mhoelzer2988 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Dont worry your pregnant!! Thats why you are suppose to throw them away after 10 minutes!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• there is never a false positive...only false negatives...congratulations!!!
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 7:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• yes there are to false positives! But they are rare, and normaly with the digital tests. But it sounds like you are pregnant to me =). If you want, get a cheap test and go again in the morning.
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 12:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• YAY! Congrats!!!
    katielovemyboys

Answer by katielovemyboys at 12:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008