Is this normal?

Im 13weeks pregnant and i fell asleep last night on my back then i woke up to roll on my side and when i did i started to get a really bad sharp pain. It only lasted a min or so but would the pain be beacuse i was in one position for so long and then changed or could it be serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be ligament pain. I've dealt with that my entire pregnancy. You probably just overextended a muscle in a weird way and it tried to snap back at you, causing that pain. As long as it went away and you're not bleeding or anything major, you'll be fine =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• oh hunny get used to it! it scared the crap outta me when I started to get those but its perfectly normal! its ligament pain like pp said and it can be a very sharp pain. you'll notice it most when twisting your body, bending down, and getting up from laying in bed!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ohh i forgot to add that stretching helps. when you get the pain try to stretch it out, it worked for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2008