how do you determine someone as a real friend

5 yrs ago I became close to a neighbor and I felt we were close, then I moved across town into low income housing, 2 years ago, and I have not heard a word from her! Now tonight my husband went over there to have some beers with her husband while I was out shopping. My husband says they invited us to see a parade with them on the 4th. I don't want to because this woman turned her nose up when I moved across town and it was her dh that invited us, and if she is truely wanting my friendship she'd call.
Oh and BTW she is the type of person to pump you dry of info and then gossip about it. my thinking is is she is bored and needs something new to gossip about. Do I become friends with her again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• My honest opinion is to give her a chance. Sometimes people change and until you give her one last chance you'll never know if maybe she isn't the way she used to be. I, personally speaking, would go to the parade. If she started pumping me for information I'd just politely say, "I really try to keep my private life private" and move on, or just say something vague that can't be used to gossip about you to her other friends. Then gauge her reactions.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I wouldn't snub her completely that would just add fuel to the fire. I would go ahead and go but be very discreet about what you say. Vague not very many details. "Polite but diplomatic" is what my grandmother would tell me. Good Luck!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• NO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FRIEND~~~
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2008