how to apply for FS?

I hate to do this, but we arent doing well financially and I'm thinking about applying for food stamps. I live with my boyfriend and we have a child, I am a sahm. The form asks you to list everyone in the household. SO is the only one making income so would they base qualification based on him? Or since I am the one applying and I make no income, should just list me and ds on the form??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• Honestly that question is best left for your case worker. She/he can tell what is legally right.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You have to list everyone in the household and then list whoever makes the income. i tried myself to get them but unfortunatley we made too much....they seem to ask alot of questions if you dont have someone on the app that is making money. like how to you pay your bills and what do you do for money.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching, and I never charge CafeMoms for my services.

Let me know if I can help you with your resume, Linkedin profile, or any other aspect of your job search.

Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would definitely just talk to your case worker. They're better suited to answer your question.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Go to your state's website, usually nameofstate.gov. There should be a link so you can apply online
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010