Chritmas gift ideas for 10yr old boy?

I have nephew that is 10 yrs old . We only see him a few times a year and I have no idea what 10 yr old boys are in to these days. Any thoughts would be great.

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 9:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have the SAME KIDDO!
    Video games are always a hit, as well as Art supplies, gift certificates to the mall or skate shop, PC games, long sleaved t's for winter...

I love this age.
    Happy Holidays, Mama!
    ShutterbugMama

Answer by ShutterbugMama at 10:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• PokeMon and Yugioh cards are big at this age. Dvds of the Hulk, Spiderman, Transformers etc.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• my son is all for the video games my sister got my sons a scooter they loved it
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Video games are something you cant go wrong with. How about a gift card to Best Buy or Gamestop or something like that. Also any electronic gadget is a good idea. IF he is into sports you can get him a shirt or a hat for his favorite team.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I am not a big video game fan only because as a divorced mom I can't afford it. My son does have a Gameboy DS but rarely asks for games. If you rarely see him and are not sure of what he really has or wants I suggest you give him a $10 bill in a card or even a gift card for what you can afford to a store or fastfood restaurant he lives close to. I say this from experience, my son gets a big kick out of getting cash (if only to spend on the ice cream man) or a gift card from a fastfood restaurant where on a Friday he says"Hey mom, lets go get $1.00 cheeseburgers...........my treat"! I think it makes him feel like a little man.lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The cards are pretty much past their prime unless he is really into them but I find most 10yo boys are not into them anymore. I like the gift certificate idea and plain ol cash, art supplies is another great one in 5th grade they have alot of progects that need color (State Report) Another great one if you're spending more than $20 is a team jersey they are always a big hit but it needs to be big and baggy so they can wear warm clothes underneath. For christmas this year I am getting my 9 & 10 yo boys the Fuzion scooter $100/each then deciding on one of either (new camera, cell phone or i-pod device) about $40/each then socks, unders, body supplies, school supplies, total about $200 per kid.Oh and as an idea there is always the wrestling ring stuff every boy that crosses my door loves wrestling at this age!!! Oh and a wrestling T-shirt bigtime they wear these!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• transformers hands down lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• my son loves video games but the game system broke and we aren't replacing it any time soon. I am a single mom this year and money is tight, since his birthday is on the 12th (and his brothers is on the 20th) I am giving them one gift each for Christmas and Birthday. My older boy is going to get gift cards to 2 stores he likes and if I earn any bonus' at work, the small Ipod Shuffle. The younger boy is getting 2 bigger Lego sets (he wants the cargo plane) and possibly a bike since his bike that he got last year got stolen. Definitely not the $300-400 I ususally spend on each kid
    Anonymous

• I have a 12 year old boy.  He's into Legos, Tranformers, NFL/NBA shirts or jerseys (Do you have a professional team in your area?), Remote control vehicles.  Does your nephew like books?  My son is reading a series by Dan Gutman.  They are about baseball legends and a boy who travels back in time to meet them.  The boy encounters problems but also gets to meet these great baseball players.  My son loves these books.  We've recently got my nephew hooked onto this series as well.  The books are called "Jackie and Me, Babe and Me" Plus others as well.  I like to do theme gifts for my son depending on what he's interested in that year. For example:  Action Hero theme:  Action figures, Vehicle driven by Action Hero, DVD (like Ironman)Sports theme:  Book about Sports Hero (like "Babe & Me"), sports shirt/jersey, baseball hat, ball. Arts & Craft theme:  Modeling Clay, How to Draw Book, Tablet of Paper, Colored pencils
    cocosmama30

Answer by cocosmama30 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have a 10 year old and he is REALLY into legos... the kits that build cars and such.

If you are into books get him the Dangerous Book for Boys... it is so much fun.

Otherwise...pajamas?
    LanieBug707

Answer by LanieBug707 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2008