What are some ways to relieve stress when you're pregnant?

I'm easily stressed out because I'm naturally emotional, therefore, being pregnant increases this.

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 9:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• tell hubby you need foot massages, oh yeah and back massages and neck massages too!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• try masturbating...if you arent already...may sound silly but its very healthy and relaxing....also, orgasms usually give you small contractions so if you dont know already what your uterus feels like when its contracted then you will experience it.. : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• thanks ladies :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Breathe.

Take a bath. Brew a cup of tea and sit down with your feet up while you're drinking it. Get enough rest and enough sleep. Eat very good food. Drink plain water, with ice or slices of lemon or orange or cucumber or fresh mint leaves if you want a little bit of flavour. Walk outdoors in the woods or along the shoreline (if you have one of those nearby). Take a pregnancy-specific yoga class.

But do remember to breathe. It makes a tremendous difference to your stress level.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Deep cleansing breaths, a relaxing soak in the tub, finding a quiet spot to sit put your feet up and relax, listen to calming sounds (like nature sounds, rain, waves), sitting and drinking a nice glass of tea or water with lemon. I liked the baby magic chamomile and lavender baby lotion, so sometimes when I felt a bit stressed I would smooth some on and the smell of that was calming. Aromatherapy might be something to think about as well.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I take a bubble bath every night after I put my daughter to bed and enjoy a good book/magazine and some music. I get a massage 1 time a month and a prdicure now and then. Just having "alone time" is helping my stress this pregnancy!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I just yell at the wall for a minute it helps
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010