Is it wrong?

I get looks and rude remarks from people all the time when i am in a bar because i am 25 weeks pregnant, Is it wrong for me to be pregnant and in a bar?

Stl_mom_314

Asked by Stl_mom_314 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• as long as you're not drinking at the bar i dont see a problem.. if you were drinking that would be different..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If you're drinking,then yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• People are concerned that you're too stupid to know about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and expect that because you are in the bar you're probably there to drink, so you're there to get yourself a mentally and physically handicapped baby. Hence the glares.

Making it clear that you're drinking water (like by carrying a water bottle around with you) can take the heat off.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I personally don't think it is wrong. I mean if you are drinking a lot then people might start saying things. If you are just there hanging out with your friends and having fun I don't see anything wrong with it.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Nope, not at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I work for a band that Does shows every Wednesday night at a bar, I clearly drink only water and i dont sit at the bar i sit at a table next to the stage wearing a crew shit but the looks when i walk into the bar and the looks through out the night man if they could kill lol i think i would be dead!
    Stl_mom_314

Comment by Stl_mom_314 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Depends on whether or not you're drinking. Personally, I enjoy going to bars with my friends even though I can't drink. It's kind of a stress reliever for me and gets me out of my bed :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 9:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. People are gonna think and say whatever they want. It's funny the people who run their mouth the most are usually doing far worst things. It makes them feel better about themselves. ( I know you said you are not drinking.) Even if they seen the bartender pour you water they would say something else.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Just the atmosphere of a bar usually isn't one for a pregnant woman, I think they are just shocked
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• dont worry about it, heck we still go to the bar .. he plays pool and i dance.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010