is it safe at 5 weeks pregnant to?

Ok I am 5 weeks and tonight I walked for 2 hours for my son for trick or treating! I walked up some hills too! I did stop and rest too! When I got home I had some diarrhea! I don't wanna call my doctors nurses bc. I call all the time! I lost a baby at 13 weeks so that is why I am always worried! Plz nice answers mommys and thanks!:)

myadorableson

Asked by myadorableson at 9:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah you should be fine. Put your feet up and rest for the night. Water water water so you don't dehydrate.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• you should be ok.. just stay hydrated
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Two hours of walking is not a lot of exercise, even with hills. When doctors advise 'moderate' exercise, they're suggesting that today is not a good day to take up Ironman competition training. Walking is fine.

And, whether you get diarrhea from walking (or it's a holdover from whatever you ate for lunch), it is not a cause of miscarriage (although it can be a symptom).

Worrying is not safe while pregnant. You may like to try hypnotherapy or cognitive retraining in order to stop your constant worrying thoughts that feel out of control. The worrying is all in your head, but the physical affects of it are real, and dangerous.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I can understand your concern. While walking is good during pregnancy, having diarrhea is a horrible thing to deal with. Drink plenty of fluid and rest. Never worry about calling the nurses too much, thats what they are there for. Its not like you are waking them from a dead sleep, this is what they are getting paid to do,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with light exercise. Rule of thumb...if its something u could do before u can do it now! Diarrhea isn't a sign of a miscarriage. After my miscarriage I was nervous my whole pregnancy too so I understand your feelings. Take it easy and don't over do it! Best of luck and congratulations!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I knew that walking was ok! But I didn't know how much is too much!
    myadorableson

Comment by myadorableson (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You should be fine.
    amandagrass

Answer by amandagrass at 6:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010