Would you pick up a hitch-hiker???

It's been years since I have noticed "hitch hikers"... but in the past month I have seen 2. One man, 3 times in a week and half. Twice headed south, once north. Today, a young (20ish) with back pack..... I had a strong urge to pick him up. BUT DIDN'T. I have seen too many movies that it never turns out good...... what would you do????? I was alone in the car......

Kat204

Asked by Kat204 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Travel

• no.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Its too dangerous these days to pick up hitchhikers, its sad that we can't help people out who may need a ride but its just not safe!!!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• no way not these days
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 9:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Movies! What about the news. Bc Im a mom a whole lot of stuff has changed for me. One is I would never pick up a hitch hiker, if something happened to me, what about my kids
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Absolutely not!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i wouldnt pick 1 up if i wasnt alone either!!
    babymamadrama06

Answer by babymamadrama06 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Absolutly- NO WAY! It is not that i don't feel for them but, i would Never put myself in Danger like that!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i have in the past. couple in their 20's holding guitars. they were on their way to the bar and invited to put my name on the guest list! But I was 19 at the time, you had to be 21 to get in lol oh well! Would I do it now? probably not. even on a small island you just never know.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• never
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I have before. I knew who he was a relative of a friend of mine who lost his license due to DUI's and was only trying to make it back and forth to work. I actually picked him up a few different times since he got off of work the same time I did. I felt awful for him in the winter, and public transportation was a friggin joke where I used to live.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010